Tuesday, December 16, 2008

merrill birthday pictures

We had a fun family birthday party for Merrill!





for comparison..... Merrill @ 1 year; Emery @ 1 year (at right)

I love how blogger gets to decide the layout





tasting the cake



not enjoying the cake


settling for a peppermint patty





opening presents (yes, my children are always naked)




cousin tori & merrill are just 1 year apart





her wedding cake, I mean birthday cake (note to self: find out what serving size publix uses when it comes to cake. This cake could have served 60, rather than 30. The idea of cake is not to send people into diabetic shock, but rather a normal size serving of dessert!)







nana & poppy made it for the party



most of the kids



new trick- the fake cough

emery insisted merrill needed pom poms for her birthday. I believe it was Emery that needed them!











5 comments:

The Hadfields said...

What a precious party!! The cake was beautiful, but a little wedding-ish, you're right! ha!

The Roper's said...

So sweet and I love the cake...did not know that Publix did such a good job on them. Happy Birthday!!

Katie said...

such cute pictures. i can't believe they are turning one...such a quick year. we are going to a school in bellevue. it had a great work schedule for moms...either MWF or TTH, and had spots for both kids so it worked out perfect and only about a 15 min drive. i wanted something to make up the added cost of insurance.

marathonmommy said...

Awwww. I just can't believe she's 1 already...and, of course, that means we are right around the corner as well. So cute to see her next to Tori! Happy Birthday, Merrill!! Tyler loves you!

Brittney said...

What a cute party and I love the wedding cake! I am impressed you got that at a grocery store!!!!!!

Happy Birthday! Is it time for another one or it two girls going to cut it for you?????