Monday, December 8, 2008

the atlanta zoo (revisited)

We've been to the nashville zoo too many times to count. So, the Atlanta zoo (during thanksgiving week) was fun for a change. They had several animals that we don't have! And, no I am not some huge animal lover... I mean I don't even really like animals at all! teasing.....





Here are some lions. Yes, I realize this is not a close up picture. There was a momma lion, 3 cubs, and a daddy. The 3 cubs were laying pretty much on top of the momma. She was cleaning them, discipling them, and even playing. Call me crazy, but it just reminded me of "us." I feel like the girls and I (and jim when he's here) are always hanging out in the smallest room of our house, or on only one section of our couch, or if one's in the tub, we are all in the tub, etc...... (think I'm crazy?)

this snake = my body weight





So, they had several monkeys or whatever version this is. I guess I didn't realize that these guys feed their babies the same way we do! I know I'm slow..... I got so tickled because they really seemed like humans. One momma was even swatting her little one away because she didn't want to feed right then!




But, here's the second worst or rather second most funny thing. Emery saw this view (picture above) and said really loud, "Look at its bottom!" Of course we all laughed! The picture is kinda dark, but I'm thinking that this is what I might look like from behind. he,he




The worst or rather funniest thing Emery said is not blogging material, but what funny memories from this zoo!




0 comments: