Friday, January 25, 2008

merrill's week

Merrill has had a rough week...she got another cold, but was still acting okay. The roughness started on monday night. Merrill decided that 5:15 a.m. was an appropiate bedtime. She would fall asleep and then wake up screaming. I tried everything to get her good and asleep. I was beside myself because so far this has not been her nature. She finally feel asleep and got a couple of hours of sleep in. So we rolled out of bed bright and early with Emery tuesday morning. I decided that I desparetely needed a nap, so we headed to my mom's. My mom was holding her and told me to, "look!" She had yellow "stuff" coming out of her ear. So, forgo the nap and head to the doctor! The pediatrician decided that she was too young for an oral antibiotic so we just did the ear drops with antibiotics.



Wednesday- head back to the doctor for her 6 week visit. She gets 2 shots which is one of the hardest things a mommy has to watch. Side note- we're up to 8lbs., 11 oz!



Wednesday evening- fall of the recliner! That's right- this mommy actually thought merrill would be okay on the recliner. I mean she's only 6 weeks old. This child somehow managed to roll off and hit the floor! Once I heard the scream, I promise I have never moved as fast as I did!



On top of all of this, Merrill has some pretty bad baby acne going on right now! We couldn't get her to go to bed last night until 11:30. Jim just knew that her acne was hurting her- ha, ha!



I can tell that today she's feeling better. I just hate seeing such tiny ones sick, because there is nothing I can do. I wish they made infant motrin!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my. Poor baby and poor Mommy and Daddy. It is hard to "entertain" a toddler when you have had very little sleep the night before!!! I hope that she is feeling better! Good luck with the remainder of the week! BTW, I laughed when you mentioned that Merrill was "up to" 8lbs. 11 oz. That is what my "BIG BOY" weighed when he was born!!