Wednesday, January 9, 2008

funny story

So, tonight Emery and I head to church. (we left daddy and merrill at home!) As we are loading up, Emery drops some of her bacon out of her bowl on the driveway. (we are always carrying our meals with us because she eats only when she wants. who's in control here anyway?) She bends and picks it up and puts it back in her bowl. After about a minute, Emery says I don't want this stick anymore! I wasn't sure what that meant, so I turned the light on and noticed this black thing on her lip.She then hands me a stick. Instead of eating her bacon she was eating a stick she had picked up from the driveway! She then kept saying, "that stick was icky!!" What kind of parent am I??

I'll post pictures later, Merrill is 4 weeks today! Crazy...

6 comments:

Christine said...

I just laughed out loud until my eyes were watering. That is so funny!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

That is so funny! Kids are so cute!!!

The Roper's said...

Great story :)
Thanks for the laugh!

lyla said...

i have been laughing about this for two days now. it's absolutely hilarious!

chris anne said...

that is too funny. what was our entertainment before we had kids? you sound like things are going really well. i'm so glad to hear it. it makes me think i can do it, too.

Abigail and Ansley said...

I just laughed out loud! Too funny! Sounds like something that would happen to me...so, of course, I think you are a great mom! I hope you are doing well!