Wednesday, January 2, 2008

home alone & christmas

We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas! I feel like we've celebrated for weeks now! The decorations are coming down slowly and we are digging our way out of several weeks worth of disorder. I won't be a debbie downer, but I think this time of year is really hard. I love, love Christmas time, and then boom, welcome to January. It is just a dark, gray month, but I'm trying to be positive this year!!! We have so much to be happy and excited for!

Yesterday (wed.) was our first day alone with out Daddy, Kiki, or any other visitors. I would say that we did pretty good! We didn't go anywhere though. But I did manage to get a shower- I'm pretty impressed with myself for that! Emery is REALLY enjoying her sister. So much that we are having to watch her very closely!

please excuse the order of the pictures....

Jim's parents made yet another trip up to Nashville. Emery loves her Nana & Poppy!

Looking at a picture Nana got for Christmas... (Not sure where Em's pants are!)


What on earth is this? It's a belly button!!! It fell out, and I'm so excited. I had to take a picture, because we don't have much luck with the "raisin" around here. Emery's fell off and the dog ate it. I know, very gross! Merrill's fell off and was missing for a day and a half, but we found it! Don't worry, its in the trash now though!

Merrill and Tori with Uncle Steve- celebrating Christmas with the Church side of the family.


A picture of all three of the girl cousins- we're excited to welcome a little boy to the mix in June! I should re-phrase- not we, but cousins Kristen and Adam are having a little boy!


Our sweet baby got a cold at 2 weeks thanks to big sister! It is so pitiful when the are so tiny and can't breathe and you can't give them anything. She sleeps propped up in between us! I thought nursing was close to 100% immunity- guess not!

The picture that made it to the Christmas card. We are getting some comments on how dark merrill is! ha,ha She was just a week old in this picture and I think she still looks really fresh from the hospital!

Helping Uncle "Bud" open gifts Christmas Eve at Grandmothers.



Every year, Jim picks out a gift for Emery. Throughout the year, I've been getting Emery to ask Jim if we could have a kitty cat. So, we got one for Christmas. But, its not real!! Emery saw the kitty in the bag and said, " That scares me!" I didn't blame her, it breathes like a real cat!



Miss Sassy Pants checking out her new Dora video Christmas morning at Kiki and Pops.





Okay, so view the below to pictures at your own risk. After looking through the 100 plus pictures of Christmas, these were the only 2 that had Jim and I in them! The rest were just candid shots that we took I guess just to say we had Christmas this year! I just didn't want anyone to think we weren't around!




Daddy opening Barbie Peacock and all the other 1000 pieces that came with it!




Emery wanted to hold Merrill- and that means one of us must supervise! Please note the following- the dirty diaper to the right of me, the boppy, bed pillow, other toys- if you could only see my house!!! And yes, I realize how I look- the no makeup, no shower look! Just be glad I'm out of my pjs!
Happy 2008!
















8 comments:

michelleandwalker said...

Even with no makeup, you still look WAY better than I did at that stage....jeans! Wow! I think I was still living in sweatpants at that point....what am I saying..I still live in sweatpants if we aren't going anywhere. ;-)

Ashley & Bobby said...

Looks like Christmas was great at your house....you look awesome and the kids are precious :)

The Hadfields said...

I love that she is usually half clothed in your pictures b/c Sophie is too!! The baby is precious. I'm glad you are doing well. Happy 2008 to you too!!

Courtney said...

I am so glad you had a great christmas as a family of 4! Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

I think that you look great! I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Your girls are so precious!

Brittney said...

I am so glad that things are going well! You look like a pro with those two girls. How far apart are they? I am telling you that you are my inspiration for my two girls...so keep telling me how great it is! My main priority is the shower...and you seem to be getting that done, so I am happy! Your girls are so cute together! More pictures!!!!!!

thesemanchiks said...

Your girls are just beautiful! I know you are so proud. Looks like a wonderful and memorable Chritmas too. So how is it with two so far? Boy does that seem a little scary to me as of yet - I am sure I will get there in the future ;)

Anonymous said...

Does emery wear pants? Just kidding looks like christmas was fun. Do you really want a cat? I forgot that you had cats growing up. Just so long that em does not start pushing it around in a stroller. martha lynn