Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our Day!

I just want to whine for a minute, so please let me..... Do you ever have those days that you just have too much to do? Well today was one of them.

It started like this:

8:15 Wake up to my alarm after what feels like a sleepless night. This is really my first time this pregnancy! (I know I'm very lucky- I have to set my alarm because my child sleeps really late!) Get Emery ready for MDO and myself ready

9:30 drop Emery off at mother's day out

10:00 go to work to pick some things up and realize that I forgot socks and after only an hour in my shoes, I have blisters (I do some tax work from home, but when Em's at mdo, I most of the time go into the office) Load my car with work to do at home.

12:00 Eat at chili's with the girls from work for a mini baby shower. My mom meets us there. We have a very nice time!

1:30 Rush over to my boss's house in green hills and open up really sweet gifts and eat cake.

2:30 pick Emery up from mdo

2:35 go to jewelry/purse show with my mom and Emery

4:00 arrive back home

4:15 play with dogs-they have been really neglected lately

4:30 take a shower

5:11-5:31 lay on bed and watch tv with Emery.

5:32 decide I must get ready for a birthday party in Bellevue at 6

5:45 Leave the house with wet hair. I forgot what rush hour is like and will not make it to the party on time!

6:10 Already late for party.... Decide the timing would be perfect to hit the guy's car in front of me! I'm in shock so, I decide to not get out of my car. I let the man that I hit assess the damage. He started looking at me so I decided to get out of the car. Somehow, someway, there is no damage to his car. So we don't call the police. But, honestly I haven't even looked at my car yet. I guess my bumper is still there?? The sweet man is more concerned about me and my big belly. We trade numbers, just in case he notices something in daylight. I get back in the car and continue on to the party. Emery keeps saying, "we hit that man!" Lovely..... I'm thinking, "please don't tell your father!"

6:25 arrive at party and let myself in while they are praying!! If you know me, this is not my style at all.

8:00 leave party

9:00 laying in bed with Emery. Really ready for her to fall asleep so I can crawl in bed... then, I hear it.... mommy, "Prayer?" I had been so consumed about this day that I forgot one of our favorite bedtime rituals.... How come Emery is so young, but yet she's constantly reminding me of things!

It really wasn't a bad day, just really busy! I don't like being that busy....Tomorrow will be better and slower! Oh yeah, if you read this, please don't tell Jim about the "fender bender." I will when I'm ready! ha,ha

2 comments:

chris anne said...

it seems like when you're this pregnant, every day feels so busy because you just don't have the energy you used to have. being pregnant sure was easier when you didn't have a little one to chase after. hope things slow down and you get to enjoy the last few weeks before the baby comes.

Heather B Mc said...

Glad you made it through that day. It does sound very long and overbooked.