I'm laying on the couch today, somewhat sick, and watching a much needed rain.... But, I can't seem get this out of my head....
Six months ago was Christmas Day, 2006. Jim, Emery, and I were coming from my parents house back to ours to change clothes and head to the next family function. We turned onto Hogan Road, which many of you are familiar with, and noticed that Interstate 65 up above was trafficy and there were police and ambulances. As we got closer to going under the tunnels, we noticed that a car was stopped underneath the bridge too. The closer we got, I realized what was going on.... There in the middle of the road, laid a lifeless body. The lady's name was Christy Vernon. Her husband was driving on the interstate and somehow he lost control and she was thrown from the car and fell to her death.
I had never in my life seen or felt what we did that day. We kind of blocked the road so that traffic would use a different route and the other man was calling the police and we were able to help him help the police find the woman's location. The news reported that those up above on the interstate couldn't find the body. There never would have thought she would have been thrown over the bridge. It's such a small spot on the interstate.
I pass this spot almost daily and I can't say that I've driven by once in the last six months without thinking of the Vernon family. I've wondered if she was a mother? I've wondered if she was a Chrisitan? We know she was someone's wife, daughter, friend, and I'm sure she had many other roles. I've wondered how her husband is doing? He survived, and I'm sure he doesn't go a second without thinking about that day.
All this to say... DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FORGRANTED!
I have some new pictures from this weekend to post, so this won't be up long!
Monday, June 25, 2007
A Sad Day
Posted by Elizabeth at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment