Okay, who's seen the Suave commercial that states that 89% of mothers have let themselves go? Is it not hilarious? I crack up everytime it's on tv. I remember thinking when I was pregnant that there was no way that I would ever let myself go. I'm not just referring to my size- I'm really referring to what I wear sometimes out in public. Last week I went to Wal-mart and looked down, my old delta sigma t-shirt had a hole in it, and I think I could have passed for being homeless.
Most every morning, as long as Emery and I don't have any major plans, I start out in workout clothes. Sometimes, this forces me to actually workout, but then there are those days where that doesn't work out for some reason, and I stay in these workout clothes, literally all day! I might go to the grocery, library, or mall dressed like I rolled out of bed. I feel like, without fail, those are the times you run into someone you know!
So anyways, I went to the Suave website to see if I could post that commercial. Instead I found the following:
http://www.suave.com/pledge.aspx
It might seem kind of silly, but I really liked this pledge. No, for those of you who think I'm a dork, I didn't actually sign it, but it did remind me that it's okay to take time for myself each day!
P.S. If I see any of you out, please don't look to see if I've showered or if I'm dressed presentable. It could be that I have tried, and it doesn't look like it at all! Baby steps, baby steps
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Have you let yourself go?
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I agree! I used to see parents volunteering at Brookmeade and thought, "I will never come to my child's school dressed like that with no make-up on." Of course I'm eating my words now. I joined the Y last week so I'm trying to get motivated. We're going in the morning. We will have to coordinate times to motivate ourselves!! Email me and let me know when you plan on going. adcockcd@yahoo.com
I laughed about the workout clothes thing. I do that too!
i am with you all the way. the funniest part is looking down at how i'm dressed and then seeing my son in his cute little clothes. i guess as long as he looks good, that's enough. and don't worry, i won't judge how you're dressed if you'll do the same for me! :)
You are hilarious and I couldn't agree more! Sometimes days go by when I don't dry my hair or put on ANY makeup!! I keep saying I'll try harder later!! HA!
Only you would most a Suave website on your blog:) I do agree though...I wish I dressed more like Tori. It's almost time to start play days at Susan's pool!
I love this post! I have no children and no excuse, but I always thought who would I see here in Memphis. After 5 years, that is no longer true. But, I still love not getting "ready" on my off days!! My Mom would die!!
I just go to your blog to get my laugh out loud for the day. You are crazy!
Post a Comment