Monday, March 19, 2007

The Big 3-0!


Here the birthday boy is supposed to be packing, but instead he decided that my side of the closet needed to be "de-cluttered!" He's such a big help! ; ) No, he truly is a very big help!

The birthday boy many, many, many years ago!

Emery sitting with Nana (Jim's mama) and Pop (my dad) at the party.


This was the best picture we got of Jim being surprised.



My aunt made the cake. It was so good!


Okay, so this is my 9th time to try to post! No joke. If this doesn't work, I quit!

Emery and I returned from the beach just in time to celebrate Jim's 30th birthday! He's a St. Patty's boy! Before we left town, I threw him a small surprise party. I started thinking that he was on to something, but turns out I was just being paranoid! He was very surprised!

On Friday night, we went out with Bobby& Melissa and Robert &Katie. We had a great time. It was really nice eating without trying to hold and entertain kiddos! We even got to go listen to Henry for a while too, which Jim loved!

Saturday, we had yet another "party." My grandmother treated us to a few games of bowling. (another one of Jim's favorites) She then made us some yummy enchiladas. And guess who was the best bowler...... My grandmother! She's very, very good! She beat us all! I think overall, Jim had a great birthday! If it were up to me, we would still be celebrating! This was a big one!
The lens on my digital camera is cracked. I'm not sure how I managed that, but it really doesn't surprise me! I feel like I break everything. So, I will have to post some pictures from the beach once I get them developed. Emery and I had a wonderful time. This week we are enjoying great weather, and the fact that we are living in the same city with our husband/daddy!

5 comments:

chris anne said...

sounds like fun. i can't believe your grandmother is the best bowler. that's awesome! looking forward to seeing the beach pics.

Misty George said...

Looks like everyone had a good time at the birthday party! I still have not forgotten your offer to help me with the blog. I will call you soon. I'll do lunch!

The Hadfields said...

Happy Birthday to Jim!! He looks the same as he did when he was little!! HA!

Julie said...

SOunds like Jim had a fun b.day and ya'll had fun at the beach--I'm so ready to go! You'll have to come by sometime and let Emery and Frances play--I'm sure Frances will give you a turn with Libby!

the robertsons said...

Happy Birthday Jim!! I can't believe our men are getting so "old", he,he... I hope you guys had a great time!