Sunday, August 10, 2008

3 random, unrelated things...

1. I had Merrill's 6 month pictures done, well 2 months ago. I actually had 2 sets done. These were the first, but I was pretty pleased with these. Below is the link. Go to session proofs and then password is Byerly6mnth (case sensitive)


http://www.dpiercephoto.com/



2. I am on a mission to find the perfect jeans. And no, I have not yet found them. But, here's a neat little "test" you can try! Oh, and if you have a favorite pair of jeans- tell me what they are!!! (please remember that I am not a size 2 and do have some junk in the trunk!)

http://www.zafu.com/zafu/shape.do?method=CHECK_BROWSER&toolId=1


3. Okay this is wild!! I was feeding Merrill yesterday. All of the sudden I felt some sharp pains. I thought that maybe she had a tooth come in since the last feeding. I was thinking no wonder some people give this up once teeth come in. I felt it once more and then switched sides. (too much information?) I felt it one more time and then said, "that's it!" I noticed Merrill was holding her mouth funny. I reached in there and pulled out a carpet staple!!!! (along with some carpet padding) I have no idea where the child got it or how long she had been holding it in her mouth. I'm just so glad that no one was hurt! Especially Merrill- that would have done some serious intestinal damage I'm sure.




8 comments:

Cristie said...

Okay, I could not stop laughing at your last post, I had to read it aloud to Andrew. Poor you and poor Merrill! I am so glad you are both okay. As far as jeans go, I have been looking for the perfect pair for years, still looking. I have a feeling it’s going to be a completely different search after having a child.

Ashley & Bobby said...

I can't believe she had a carpet staple! I am sure you both hurt pretty bad, makes me hurt thinking about it! Jeans....I don't want to think about that right now...I am still wearing maternity jeans. Let me know if you find the perfect pair!

The Roper's said...

Oh My! How do they find those things and why do they hold them in their mouth?? It can not taste good. And I hate jeans!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! that is crazy!! How in the world and why in the world did she have a carpet staple in her mouth???? Glad that neither of you were hurt too bad!! :)

LB said...

CRAZY! So glad she didn't swallow that staple. Her pictures are absolutely precious!! Love those cheeks!

Brittney said...

Don't feel bad about the staple. Summer's husband found Emerson chewing on a bug when she was little. Now THAT is bad!!!!

JEANS...what a nice memory. Can't wait until I can fit into some again! I refuse to buy fat jeans...I will be in mine again...even if I am like 30 when I get there!!!!!

chris anne said...

oh my goodness, i can't believe that she had a carpet staple in her mouth. that is crazy! this is why i hate the crawling stage.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth!! This is Aunt Susan -- we are in Daytona Beach. You need to tell your father that I am deeply disappointed that he has stooped to hiring out grandchildren to help with the remodel . . . If he's that desperate for "free" workers, I'll try to help out when I get home . . . Just think . . .poor little Merrill helping to remove old carpet . . .