Monday, July 7, 2008

outside, the 4th, & kenny chesney (minus the kenny for me)

Well, I oughta be fish slapped like in those Captain D's commercials for leaving that last post up so long! Merrill wasn't feeling great (102+ fevers) so we stayed home almost every day last week. Emery loved it- a homebody just like daddy! I never posted about Emery's swingset she got for her birthday. We spend quite a lot of time in the backyard now. And boy does some personality come out of Emery back there...bossy,bossy! merrill enjoys watching her play

telling me to come here!

I wish it was cute when/if I did this


playing ho,ho,ho as she calls it. i'm thinking this game should be renamed




oh this is very exciting to me- both of these girls will eat rice cakes. This makes 6 things our oldest daughter will eat now!!! I thinking the next item will have to be a fruit or vegtable??




naked rice caking





emery has found a new use for the nets that came with her "elefun" game






the only picture that was worth posting from our fun pool party at the churchs' on th 4th


a little naked sparkling


our lady liberty

a little soy ice cream in a tapioca cone. I was surprised emery ate it. I truly can'y imagine what it would be like to have an allergy baby!


Jim and I at the Kenny Chesney concert. We got to the concert at 3 in the afternoon. At 9 we had still not heard Kenny, and I had called and checked on the girls 4 times. The last time I could hear merrill crying. This was one of the longest times we had been apart. Some of you that nurse can see what a "problem" this could have presented. So, my sweet parents loaded up the girls and came and got me and then dropped us off at the house. Jim enjoyed the rest of the concert solo!! I feel kind of sorry for Jim... We really try to still do fun things together! But, I honestly find myself not being able to relax and enjoy myself. We're just in mommy/daddy mode!! I really don't know what to do when I'm not feeding, changing, coloring, disciplining, bathing, etc. My hands don't know what to do when they aren't carrying a bag, a baby, or sippy cup, so I picked my nails some! Overall, a very fun day! See if you can guess the whose in the picures... I just realized I left off Keith urban- the new papa!


























9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you mean! It is hard leaving our babies, especially when you are nursing!!! :) Anyways, at least you and Jim had a little time together!!

Lindsay said...

We were at the show too...it was awesome! At least you got to see most of it. Very impressive that you made it as long as you did!

Brittney said...

You are so funny! LOVE your sense of humor! And I feel you...it is hard to get out of baby mode! Seth and I were away ONCE since Jules came and it is hard not to think about them! Especially since they are my full time job!!!!

I recognize the Curch's pool...remember we swam there the day that we realized we had food poisoning from SATCO!!!!

The Roper's said...

Love to see that ya'll are running around naked this summer to! At least you got a date in...big deal around here :)

Abigail and Ansley said...

Your posts make me laugh! Yes, I vividly remember the "problem" that is created when being separated for too long. Not fun! I would've gone home too! :)

Julie said...

I love reading your blog-you always make me laugh! Love the pics!

Erin Christine said...

i'm liking the pics!!! sorry about no kenny. see ya later.

caseyandnewt said...

merrill is looking so much more like emery...so cute

mandiandjosh said...

You are funny.....your girls are so sweet!