Sunday, April 5, 2009

Egg Hunt

We had our first of three egg hunts yesterday. This one was at church. The girls had a great time-especially emery! Merrill is still pretty clueless, but enjoyed roaming around with Kiki and Pop. She understands candy though- caught her with several pieces of candy (wrapper and all!) in her mouth! I tried to get a good sister shot before the hunt, and this was probably the best. I made these outfits and was so excited for them to actually wear them. I've stared at them since January! Finally a little warmer weather which means spring clothes! Yeah!

Okay, not even really a cute picture. But, notice what Merrill has. I do the tango with merrill every single time we get in the car. She goes straight for the mower and wants it in the car with us which results in a meltdown every single time. The girl is tiny but boy does she have a tight grip! You would think that I would MOVE the thing so that this would quit happening!

a little face painting


the finished artwork



ready, set go




So..... we don't let Emery watch spongebob. Just a few things I have heard from other parents and even some I have heard/seen myself. So, she was sidetracked at the hunt when one of the eggs was wrapped in spongebob plastic. She wasn't sure whether to throw it back down or put in her basket. I told her she could keep it! But I loved this face!





sleepy merrill looking like minnie mouse. I am hoping that if I keep putting bows in her hair that it will encourage some actual hair growth!





6 comments:

Jennifer said...

What cute outfits!! I am very impressed!

marathonmommy said...

those outfits were gorgeous! I should have known that you made them! Cute pictures! Emery looks like a preteen in that one picture...

Cristie said...

love the outfits you made, the girks look adorable. I am impressed

Elisabeth Loyd said...

Elizabeth, your girls are precious. Their outfits are so cute and you did such a good job. In answer to your HELP! blog -- there is someone you can call. The Metro Codes Hot Line: 862-6590 Report your neighbor's car. Here are the regulations which I copied from their web site:

Inoperable or Unlicensed Vehicles….862-6590….Except as may be otherwise permitted by the Zoning Code, inoperable, unlicensed or unregistered motor vehicles shall not be openly parked, kept, or stored on any premises. Such vehicles must be repaired, licensed or stored in a garage or enclosure, or removed from the premises to comply with the Metro Property Standards Code.

Yard Areas….862-6590….All exterior property and premises shall be maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary condition. Except as otherwise provided for in the Zoning Code, it is unlawful to utilize a premises for the open storage of any inoperable, unlicensed or unregistered motor vehicle, appliance, building material, rubbish, tires, automotive parts, junk, yard or debris. It is the responsibility of every owner or occupant to remove all such openly stored items upon notice from Metro Codes.

Hope this helps.

lyla said...

so cute! i am SO jealous of your sewing! those outfits are precious. the egg hunt stories are hilarious--same thing here w/ spongebob and for some reason (b/c it is forbidden) lilly is OBSESSED with it. she doesn't need any extra help learning to be sarcastic or smart-mouthed :)

chris anne said...

love the outfits and the pictures. i am so very impressed. i'm pretty sure mine would be mortified to wear anything i had made.