Both Emery and Merrill have been late teethers. I think emery had 2 teeth at a year, and merrill has 4 1/2 right now. So, all that to say.... mine teeth for about a year. 12 months to 24 months. Which means the are very clingy, whiny, etc for that whole time. Most days I'm fine with it. But... yesterday was one of those days I need everything to go smoothly. And, I won't bore anyone with why it didn't. So, add whiny merrill to that.... I was a bit short tempered. On the way to church last night merrill was doing her thing and I said, "merrill you are a bear today!" A few minutes later, Emery said, "Merrill, you are not a sister, you are a bear!" Of course I found it funny, but will probably watch more closely what I say. It didn't sound too sweet coming out of a little one's mouth! our sweet, whiny, funny teether
We signed up for gymnastics at the Y. Emery kept calling it gymming nestics. I believe a combo of gymnastics and swimming lessons. So, I told her to just say daddy's name and then nastics. That's all it took... She can now say gymnastics.
I think Emery will enjoy it, but her first time she was a bit bashful. Not sure if it was the fact that her 'outfit' didn't match what the other little girls had on or the fact that her instructor had double earrings and spiky hair. It really doesn't take much for her to get a little thrown!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
you're not a sister, but a bear & jimnastics
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That is too funny! I tell Sophie she's being a bear all the time. Gld I'm not the only one!! :)
hilarious post! i have heard lilly tell her dolls and mamie that they are "wearing her out!" it's hilarious the things that they pick up on and use. that picture of merrill is the cutest thing i have ever seen--i could just eat her up in that pic!
What a great picture of Merril's little smile!
i saw your little "models" on the 123 cherry tree website! so cute! lucky you--their outfits are precious!
so funny. parkes says "I'm going crazy". also with merrill's height we need to go ahead and arrange a marriage between her and cash since he's below the growth curve too.
Post a Comment