Wednesday, February 18, 2009

february happenings

We have had a busy couple of weeks! Last week we had fun celebrating Valentine's Day. One day the girls and I had some friends over and we decorated valentines cookies and ate junk food. Of course, I didn't take any pictures!

Jim and I decided a long time ago that we wouldn't do valentines on valentines day, so we went with some friends to maggiano's last Tuesday. It was so yummy! We also went to our church's showing of Fireproof on Friday night. If you haven't seen this movie, go see it!

We are looking forward to spring... it's mid 60's today in Nashville! Love it.... love this smile.....

decorating her cookie at her school party

okay, so this is an early morning shot of emery. We gave her HSM for valentine's day. I wasn't sure if it was too "old" for her or not. What kind of parent am I for not watching it first? But, it is better than requesting Mama Mia all the time. That has quite a bit of "too old-ness" in it!
please note: we are loving gymnastics. We found some handy-me-down leotards and other fancy stuff (as we call it) that has made emery feel a little more comfortable in class! The less clothing, the more comfortable this child feels! She is even sleeping in this some.


Girls and I headed to Knoxville with my parents on Valentine's Day. How romantic, right? Jim had to work that morning, so we opted to go visit my brother. We had lunch, shopped a little, and walked around. Good times, but a long day!



a kid in a candy shop.... We love going to the Mast General Store in downtown Knoxville. Such a neat store!



I heard merrill whine somewhere in the house... this is where I found her. I think it is time to start closing some doors around here. I hope I never give off the impression, I'm not watching my kids, because I do! Merrill is just faster than I am now!






Speaking of closing some doors. I also need to keep the door closed to my bathroom cabinet. I have been finding "these" throughout the house. Merrill keeps me on my toes.
I also got to see baby Cooper yesterday. One of my most favorite people ever, Heather, had her second little boy this week. I'll have to upload the picture from my phone. He is just so sweet and perfect!
And, we'll be getting another baby cousin on Tuesday.... Brady Church will be making his entrance into the world! Yeah for babies!





3 comments:

martha lynn said...

I love the holiday sweater Emery's teacher had on. They should be outlawed.

lyla said...

cute post! i also find "those things" around my house as well:) lilly is quite curious about them. QUITE.
great pictures--and how on earth did martha lynn pick up on the sweater!? i would never have noticed that! maybe years of teaching has made me oblivious to the holiday sweaters!

Stephanie said...

Hi, Elizabeth. I stumbled upon your blog and realized that we have a lot in common. I too married a Byerly and we live in Knoxville. I work downtown so I visit the Mast General Store quite frequently. I have two little kids (one is 4 the other 20 months).

Anyway, what stood out to me the most was you mentioning the Fireproof movie. It has now become my new favorite movie and I tell everyone that will listen about it. I thought you might be interested in the blog I started about the Love Dare. Here is the link: www.fireproofingthebyerlys.blogspot.com. I hope you like it. Leave me a comment when you have visited!