Sunday, March 30, 2008

Surprise!!!

We had a wonderful surprise this week! My sister and brother in law flew in from California and surprised us! My mom told me on Sunday night of last week that she was going to cook on Tuesday night. I didn't think anything about it because she does that frequently. I asked the menu and she mentioned steak. I thought, "wow, that's a special treat!" As my dad said the prayer that night, I had my eyes open checking on Emery, (promsie that's all I was doing!!!) and I saw my sister walk in! It was so fun! So, our week was filled with lots of food, shopping, and even a sleepover! Of course I have zero pictures from the entire week. I did good keeping up with both kids this week!

Jim was working a lot this week, so we enjoyed a lot of downtime today and he's even going to "play" with us all day tomorrow!! We are headed to the beach this coming week. I am so ready for some sun and down time! Speaking of the beach... I have a story. Do you ever do something and right after you do it, you say, why, why, why?? Well, I decided that I would try on my bikini from pre Emery. I know you are all laughing at this point! Of couse it fit just I like expected. The bottom was fine, well, not really, but I'll humor myself. But the top... well lets just use the word indecent! So, Emery walks in the room and looks at me and says... "It's perfect mommy!" Oh, to be a kid and be that innocent. I think she prevented me from having a breakdown! I headed over to Dillards this week and found a swimsuit that would be more appropiate!

I can't post without a few pictures. The top two are pictures of the girls in one of their matching outfits. Casey sent them the tops (thanks again!) and then I made some matching pants. You probably can't see them that well, but I'm slowing getting better and branching out and trying some harder things. Of course Emery wouldn't pose for me though!





Me and my girls after church today. One of these Sunday's our whole family will get to be in the same picture!



6 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun surprise! The girls outfits are precious!

Julie said...

What a fun surprise! The girls outfits are precious!

The Roper's said...

Cute picture of the 3 of ya'll. Have fun at the beach-I'm jealous.

Brittney said...

Your hair looks great in that picture of all three of you...as usual! I don't think I will EVER try on an old bathing suit...it may be best just to move on! You are brave.

chris anne said...

you are so brave to have even tried the bikini! i'm pretty sure i just threw mine out. it is harder to get in shape after #2, isn't it? i've actually resorted to exercise, which i HATE! anyway, have fun at the beach. cute pics of the girls.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blogs, Elizabeth. They make me laugh! Your girls are so precious and the dresses Kiki made are beautiful. Can't wait till I have some grandchildren to sew for. Thanks for enlightening my day with yours and your stories.
-Elisabeth Loyd