Aren't horses so pretty!! With that said, I'm truly terrified of these massive things. I have two reasons:
1) First, I have an uncle who told me when I was a wee girl that I should never stand near a horse because they could kick you. To this day, I'm still not sure which way their legs go- frontwards, sideways, or backwards? Or can they move in all of the above directions???
2) Secondly, after meeting Jim, I decided I should try again to like horses. He seemed to love all different kinds of animals. We went to Memphis and rode on the oldest, slowest horses known to man. It was a state park and neither the horses nor the workers wanted to be there. At one point, Jim had to get off his horse and lead his and mine. I wasn't about to get off that thing... It could kick me!!! So as the ride finally came to an end, I was getting off the horse, (the rest of the group had already finished) my foot got stuck in the stir-up and yes, get your laugh out, I fell flat on my back! The worker never offered me a hand, and just looked and said, You okay? I said I would never come within 20 feet of one again!
So, as it would be, I have a child that loves "horsies!" We live near Ellington Agricultural center, which is where they house all the metro mounted patrol horses. Frequently, the horses are out grazing and I have never made myself stop.
So, Saturday, there was a farm day at Ellington. We decided to take Emery. She absolutely loved it! I, on the other hand, reaffirmed why I don't care for horses!!!!
Getting used to petting the horse....
Monday, July 16, 2007
Horses
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am glad to know that Emery loves "horsies" as much as Cooper!! I truly think he is obsessed with them! Everywhere we go he want to see "horsies!!" Why do they have to like such BIG animals???
I understand your fear of horses. When I was little I was thrown off a horse, well more like a pony. I still think they are gorgeous. What a fun family day!
I hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment