Wednesday, May 20, 2009

birthday with nana & poppy

Nana & Poppy drove up late last week to celebrate Emery's birthday. They couldn't stay for the party, so we celebrated other ways! Of course we hit chuck-e-cheese one night!! Not many pictures from their visit. But, that's okay... I think they have only checked the blog once before! Merrill keeps us laughing.. she had a hissy fit over this swim diaper. So, we just put it on her. They crying stopped instantly. Whatever works, right?

trying to get a cute shot....

silly face with daddy


emery was VERY animated when she opened her gifts!
(note: this yellow shirt almost did me in. I tried to put a cute dress on Emery and she politely said, "I'd like to just wear a plain shirt, please!" I had that Elf (the movie) moment, you know where buddy learns his dad is on the naughty list?" I just wanted to scream, "NOOOOOOO!" But, we were just at home, so a plain shirt worked just fine!



Emery got a cute little bed for her baby dolls. It fit merrill perfectly!




1 comments:

The Roper's said...

You make me laugh...I am always trying to get Addy to wear one of the 50 cute things in her closet...she would rather wear 2 things that don't match....have to pick your battles I guess. Happy birthday to Emery. Loved all the pictures!