Thursday, June 19, 2008

St. Simons Island

We headed to the beach last week with Jim's family and stayed for a long weekend. Perfect weather and boy did we eat good!! As with any vacation there are always many firsts!

My favorite first of this trip was the airport experience. The first picture below was taken after my mom dropped us off at the airport 2 hours before our flight left- too much time with 2 little ones! Then on the way back- totally different story. Remember that scene from Home Alone? Well, that was us- got dropped off at 7:30 for a 7:55 flight!! We had to run through the airport!Poor Merrill all 4 of her limbs were flopping as I ran and carried her to our terminal. Emery enjoyed every minute of the drama-Daddy had to carry her! I'm obviously not doing much running these days so I was completely out of breath as we pulled up to the gate to find our plane was just arriving.... Jim and I couldn't relax until we were at our house! I'm still not sure how 4 adults could misjudge our time that bad! It's funny now though!


The lovely guy in the background of this picture enjoyed some topless grilling as well as some topless playground time- Hilarious!
The original Byerlys- Ray, Poppy, Nana, & Jim


Cousin Cole and Merrill sharing a swing

a rarity- a picture of just me and Merrill

I thought this was sweet

Merrill was a champ- took a nap everyday for me in the stroller


Cousin Caitlyn and Em


All the grandkids with Nana & Poppy

headed to the beach


poor Nana- never got a break between these 5



redneck baby

Merrill's 6 month birthday- sitting up and smiling


Both are laughing in this picture


Our family of four


I just liked this picture

Merrill really enjoyed herself this trip




Happy Father's Day to 2 wonderful Father's!


Father's Day in their "I love Daddy t's"

10 comments:

marathonmommy said...

welcome back! I love the pics, especially the one of you and your sweet baby! Happy 6 mo. bday, Merrill!

Brittney said...

Love the new pictures...can't believe Merrill is 6 months old...i feel like you just had her! LOVE the laughing shot...that is a great one!

chris anne said...

great pictures. love the one of the 4 of you!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Aw, these pictures are great! Babies at the beach are the sweetest. So glad you had fun on your trip!

Adam and Kristen (or doodle for some) said...

Those pictures are so sweet!! Merrill looks so big! I can't believe she's sitting up. Can't wait to see you guys and glad you had fun!

kma said...

My fear is being in someones picture like that big 'ole guy at the playground! HA!

Looks like a fun trip!
Kelly

The Claunch Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Makes me so excited to go to the beach!
Your girls are always dressed so sweet!

The Hadfields said...

Oh fun, we leave for the beach on Sunday and I cannot wait!!!! I love the new pics for the girls, they are both so precious!!

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip! Your girls are so cute! Glad to hear that you all had a good time- minus the airport!!

Katie said...

such fun times. the airport story is hilarious because that would so be us. we've been at the green hills y...will have to meet up sometime.