Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Don't Blink"

Well never in a million years would I have thought I would title a post with one of Kenny Chesney's songs! I must say that the little guy might be growing on me! Jim loves this song and I must say that it makes me want to live each day to the fullest!(If you aren't a country person... google it and listen!) Jim and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this past Saturday. I truly can't believe that it has been five years! We've had fun!!

We had a very relaxing dinner at Stoney River. We had never eaten there and it was well worth waiting for! Our entertainment was watching all the high schoolers prance around the restaurant in their prom attire! Quite commical and we both agreed what an awkward stage!!! Our attempt at a picture...
I went back and looked through pictures but ended up posting pictures from 2 of the most special days of our lives...

Emery on her birthday!

another of Emery



family of three and preggers with merrill




merrill on her birthday


another of merrill
Jim and I were talking the other day about how when you are dating you never really think about how things will change. But then when they do.. it seems so normal! Here's an example... Emery walks in on Jim.. well, using the restroom and says, "Great job Daddy!" We just laughed!
Not sure if that makes sense, but it does in my head! Oh how I love my life!!
For those of you that have babies that are excellent sleepers.... I'm jealous!! Occasionally all 4 of us wake up in the same bed! And, I must say it is crowded, but I know there will be a day that it won't be like this and I'll miss it! I think I might have gotten off track, but anyway, all that to say that I can't imagine being anywhere else or doing anything else. I'm very grateful to have a husband that loves his 3 girls so much!





















14 comments:

The Roper's said...

Sweet post. Happy 5 years!

Zach and Kim said...

5 years, congrats: seems like yesterday we were all dancing on new year's eve!! You right, don't blink!

lyla said...

so sweet & happy anniversary! i laughed out loud at the picture of your girls asleep in your bed. they are precious!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 years, you sweet couple! You are right, it won't be like this forever. So, enjoy that family bed for now. And to quote another song, enjoy it now because "You're Gonna Miss This!" (ol' Trace Atkins)

Karen H.

Ashley & Bobby said...

Congrats on 5 years! looks like you celebrated well....I love the pics of your sweet girls :)

Courtney said...

So sweet!

Christine said...

so sweet! i can totally relate to the 4 in the bed thing! we really need a king size...

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary!! That is a very sweet post! Time really does pass so quickly!!!

Natalie Church said...

Happy 5 years! Do ya'll have a king size bed? I hope so!

Brittney said...

Liz, What a sweet post! You guys are such a great family and I love your closeness! Happy anniversary to you...hope you have a great time! We are right behind you with anniversaries and girls!!!

chris anne said...

i'm totally with you on everything you said. life is just flying by, and it sure is sweet. another sappy country song that says that is "you're gonna miss this" by trace adkins. i always start to cry at the end! happy anniversary to you!

The Hadfields said...

Happy Anniversary! And well said!

josh and darci said...

I love that song... it always makes me "rethink" what is important on those days when everyone is crabby. And about the sleeping thing... Brax was a great sleeper and Brody has not been. However, I agree that those times when you're all asleep in the same bed are so very, very special. And those with great sleepers won't get to enjoy that. What a sweet post and a special reminder that we are all so very, very blessed!

Erin Christine said...

i know this is a little odd coming from me, but i am ready for another update!!! :)