Sunday, February 10, 2008

a lazy start to february

I want to apologize for the new blog template if it makes you dizzy! I've enjoyed switching the colors around in the past and found on amy's website where you can download templates. I thought this one was cute, but now I think it is yelling at you when you first click on here. I will give it a few more days to grow on me! I didn't realize that if I changed the template, all of my links would be erased. I just spent about an hour putting them back on!



We had a pretty good week around here. My sweet husband let me do something 3 nights this week. I had Merrill with me two of the times, but that much easier than taking 2 out at night and with the whole nursing thing.... Also, Jim decided to get his contractor's license. He passed the test this week!!! Yeah, Jim! (he'll die if he sees this!) But, we are very proud!



Of course though, we end the week with Emery getting sick. I learned something new..... that a fever of 104 is pretty much child's play! I called our pediatrician and he said that a fever of 108 was considered dangerous! Did you know that? I am still shocked. That seems so high!



Another highlight from this week was Emery's haircut- she really likes going to see Martha Lynn. Her hair was growing fast, but still not that thick up front. (I think I just described a mullet!) So we trimmed it up some.



What used to be blogging time has turned into sewing time. I'm trying to make some pants for the girls and it is taking me forever. I was going to make them all by myself and surprise my mom. But, easier said than done. I think they will turn out cute, but I keep getting frustrated. Practice makes perfect right!









Emery is always wanting to hold merrill's hand. Most of the time, merrill is not a willing participant, but this time she actually just laid there. pre-trim



after trim- but still with a pony tail



emery really likes her haircut. I'll try to get a picture of it when it has not been slept on! it does look much better! Thanks ML.





What my kitchen table looks like with all the sewing stuff!




I feel like my blog has been really boring lately! It seems that all my posts are about kids and that we do nothing else besides staying at home and being sick! Maybe soon I'll have more exciting things to post about!
Oh yeah... Emery and I were sitting at wendy's yesterday. A little girl walks in with a dora coat on, pink cowboy boots, and holding a mickey mouse stuffed animal. She was probably 4 or 5. I could tell Emery noticed her. After a minute Emery looked at me grinning and said, "Isn't she cute!!"




7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh 108!!! I would freak if my kids had that high of a temp. They would have to take me to the hospital with them b/c I would have had a heart attack when those numbers popped up on the thermometer!!!
Good luck with your sewing. I wish I could make something!!! I can barely sew a button on a pair of pants!
Anyways, take care and good luck with all of the sickness that is going around!
Congrats to Jim on passing his test!

Natalie Church said...

Are ya'll ever going to be well...wow!?!? I hope Tori doesn't get sick for a while...we've had enough around here, too. I have your necklace and a little something for the girls.
I'm proud of you for sewing! Once you learn how to make the pants you will be addicted. It is 3 main stitches then you just hem them and put the elastic in the top...you may be adding some extra stuff to them, too. Hopefully, we will see you soon!

The Hadfields said...

I love the new look and I would have warned you about it erasing all of your links if I had known you were going to give it a try. I just about died the 1st time it happened and the second time, I just decided not to put them back on! :) Cute pics and I love what Emery said about the little girl in Wendys!! I feel like all I blog about is Sophie too but that's pretty much my life these days!!
And about the temp, I worry when it's above 103. I have never heard of a temp of 108! Scary!! A child can seize for crying out loud!!

Brittney said...

The holding hand picture is so cute! I love it. I can't believe they said 108! Won't that give them a seisure or something? Man...I always thought 104 was way high! Anyway, hope your girls are getting better! Can't wait to see what you have sewed...post some pictures!

Courtney said...

I like your blog background a lot! YOu should keep it! Good luck with the sewing - I wish I knew how to sew!!!!

lyla said...

who is your doctor!? dr seuss?! 108! that sounds crazy, but i'm sure they know better than me. your pictures are so sweet--i love the sister pics. i wish i could get motivated to learn to sew--good for you! maybe if i see merrill and emery at school in precious matching outfits you've made it will motivate me! by the way, i love your new blog design--not too crazy at all!

The Roper's said...

Looks like all Moms would freak out about the 104...I would!! I freak over much smaller things also :) Get Well Soon!! Please call if you need anything-can make a porch delivery.
Can't wait to see their cute matching clothes. You are such a good Mom!