Friday, June 19, 2009

California

We had a great time in California! Good weather, good food, and most importantly, good company. Lots of pictures on here.... probably too many! I didn't even have my camera with me the whole time, but still managed to document our trip pretty well. I've asked Emery what her favorite parts of California were... in this order
1. Bacon (my sister's dog)
2. bus ride we took on the santa monica public transportation
3. riding on uncle david's shoulders
4. the seals

All of the things that were free!!! I love it....

Of course we couldn't have a drama-free trip. Emery had an ear issues and I'll save everyone from all the details, but after some screaming, antibiotics and motrin, one vomiting spell in uncle david's car... we were good to go. (update on ears....went to the doctor yesterday and the ear that was infected was looking better, but the other eardrum actually ruptured...my poor baby) getting ready to board the plane leaving nashville



Emery and Bacon posing the day we went shopping


Emery could have watched the belly dancer for hours.....



we were tired from shopping all day and we look it!





emery watched the same Max& Ruby episode about 15 times while we were there. Em and Bacon became good friends....



These next few were from Legoland in San Deigo. The lady and stroller were made of legos. When I went back through my pictures... I thought this was me! It scared me for a second.






made of legos...







taking a rest







one of emery's favorite places to be!









ready for the ride










made of legos- this is my favorite one!










emery, laura, david












made of legos














inauguration made of legos- They change this out every four years when the president changes.









View from somewhere??








the seals.... such funny animals













view from church on sunday
















Emery feeling a little better..... She was such a good little traveler. I am SO, SO glad that we got to take this trip together!!Emery and I rode in the back seat together a lot and she would hold my hand and occasionly whisper, "I love you!" One on one time does everybody some good! A huge thanks to Jim who held the fort down here, and who says Merrill never cried or whined once with him. (whatever Jim, I don't believe you!!!) And, also to my mom who watched Merrill while Jim was at work! Thank you!!!


















2 comments:

Zach and Kim said...

Looks like yall had a great trip. Love all the legos. That story in the back seat is sooo sweet.

The Roper's said...

So much fun....when Bryce is an "only child" he does not whine either! Maybe they just need time apart! Glad that ya'll had fun!