Wednesday, June 10, 2009

California, here we come!

We've been packing for California this week. We leave tomorrow afternoon and we're both so excited! Emery feels the need to share the news about her trip with everyone- including the checkout lady at Publix! I took her to Target today and she picked out a couple of things for the plane ride from the dollar section. She was so excited to put her new little things in her backpack! I am getting a little anxious about the plane ride, not about emery, but me!! Four hours is a long time for a mommy to have to sit still!! We had lunch today with one of my best friends! She surprised me with this adorable beach towel! I love little surprises that like!! Thank you Heather!!


And one thing that I do even drives me crazy.... I start trying to mark things off my to-do list whenever I am leaving town. I started these outfits for the girls months ago. There was some stuff that I wasn't sure how to do, so I stopped for awhile. Well, I finished them last night!!! I am not even sure they are going to fit and I'm sick of looking at the fabric already. But, hey... they're done!


Jim covered the buttons for me...... what a helpful husband!

I'll post pictures when we are back!


4 comments:

Brittney said...

I have been a horrible blogger lately...so sorry I have not been commenting. I hope you guys have fun in California, and good luck on the plane ride! The outfis are great and I AM still so impressed with your sewing abilities!!!!! You are so crafty! Have a great trip!

The Hadfields said...

Have fun in CA! The outfits look great. Covered buttons and everything! I wish I could do stuff like that!

Kristen said...

the outfits looked adorable on the girls last night! Have a great trip!

Laura Alsup said...

i hope y'all have a great time!